Warranty for Magic Leap 2
Last Revised: June 13, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTE ON MAGIC LEAP 1 AND MAGIC LEAP ONE: CREATOR EDITION WARRANTY: This Warranty Policy only applies to Magic Leap’s second generation product hardware, including the Magic Leap 2 augmented reality Headset, Compute Pack and Controller, and not to Magic Leap’s first generation augmented reality devices (Magic Leap 1 and Magic Leap One: Creator Edition). For more information on the warranty policy for Magic Leap’s first generation augmented reality devices (Magic Leap 1 and Magic Leap One: Creator Edition), please visit magicleap.com/legal/ml1.
One-Year Limited Warranty Policy - Magic Leap 2
With respect to all physical devices and accessories that are manufactured by Magic Leap as part of our second generation product series, Magic Leap 2 (each, a “Product”), Magic Leap offers a one (1) year limited warranty (“Warranty”) on all Products (the “Warranty Policy”). This Warranty only applies to new Products which you purchased from us or from one of our authorized retailers or resellers in a jurisdiction in which we sell Products. Do not use a Product until you have read the terms of this Warranty.
Coverage. This Warranty is your exclusive remedy for defective workmanship or materials in your Product. Magic Leap warrants that the Product’s hardware will be free from manufacturing defects and, under its intended and ordinary use, will function substantially in accordance with Magic Leap’s technical specifications or documentation (“Warranted Functionality”) for a period of one (1) year from the date your Product was shipped to you or picked up by you (in each case, either directly from Magic Leap or through an authorized retailers or resellers) (the “Warranty Period”).
However, see Items Outside of this Warranty and Voided Warranty sections below for defects and Products not covered by the Warranty.
How To Start a Warranty Claim.
To get a Warranty claim started:
- Contact Customer Care. Visit our Customer Care site. There, you’ll find specific instructions about how to begin a Warranty claim. Please have your order number, the Product serial number, and your proof of purchase handy.
- Backup and Reset your Product. Before you ship your Product back to us for a Warranty claim, please remove any peripheral items that may be plugged into your Product, backup any content (including photos, videos, and software) and/or data on your Product, and factory reset it, if applicable. Visit our Customer Care site for help performing these steps.
- Prepare your Product for Shipment. Pack your Product in the shipping materials (e.g., a shipping box or shipping label) we provide you to deliver your Product back to us. Once we receive your Product, we’ll determine if it has a defect or malfunction covered by our Warranty.
If we replace your Product, we will not transfer any content or data from your original Product to your replacement Product. Magic Leap is not responsible for any content or data that is lost or reformatted.
Warranty Service. If you start a Warranty claim and we confirm that your Product does not perform according to its Warranted Functionality, we will replace, repair or refund it (in our discretion). If we replace or repair it, we’ll make sure it performs substantially in accordance with our Warranted Functionality. We may replace or repair it using new, refurbished, or remanufactured hardware and materials (in our discretion). If we replace or repair your Product, we warrant that the replacement or repaired Product will be materially free of faulty materials or workmanship for the remainder of your original Warranty Period or for 30 days after the replacement or repaired Product is shipped to you, whichever is later. If we refund your Product, we will refund the purchase amount of the Product; however, we will not be responsible for refunding any shipping charges with your Product purchase.
Transfer. This Warranty is solely for you as the end-user of your Product. You cannot assign or transfer this Warranty to anyone.
Items Outside of this Warranty. Except as expressly set forth herein, this Warranty does not cover (and Magic Leap is not responsible for):
- Excluded Products, which are (a) products purchased outside the jurisdictions where Magic Leap sells Products; (b) products that you did not purchase directly from us or one of our authorized retailers or resellers; and/or (c) hardware or accessories not manufactured by Magic Leap, even if bundled or sold with a Product.
- Software, including the firmware running on a Product and any applications installed on your Product, whether licensed from Magic Leap or any third party, is not covered by this Warranty. See the Magic Leap 2 Software License Agreement for terms applying to the firmware and apps supplied by Magic Leap for your Magic Leap 2 device.
- Misuse of Products, which includes (a) damage to the Product or loss of the Product resulting from an accident, theft, improper storage, misuse or abuse, mishandling, neglect, physical or electric modifications, exposure to water or other liquids, exposure to moisture, exposure to extreme conditions (e.g., heat, dirt or sand); (b) use with an unsuitable product not sold or licensed by Magic Leap; (c) use without providing adequate ventilation; (d) use by children under 14; (e) circumvention of any security mechanisms; (f) reverse engineering; (g) defects or damage from viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product after purchase; (h) defects or damage caused by repairs not authorized by Magic Leap; and/or (i) any other use that is not in compliance with the recommendations in this document, our online materials, related documentation, and other user materials made available to you. We presume any cosmetic damage (e.g., scratches) resulted from misuse, abuse, or failure to operate the Product as instructed.
- Wear and Tear of Products, which includes damage resulting from normal wear and tear and normal depletion of parts (e.g., batteries) unless occurring due to defective workmanship or materials in the hardware of your Product. For example, only batteries that leak or exhibit fully charged capacity below a certain threshold of the actual rated capacity will be considered defective for purposes of this Warranty.
- Magic Leap 1, as warranty claims for Magic Leap’s first generation augmented reality devices (Magic Leap 1 and Magic Leap One: Creator Edition) are subject to our separate warranty policy for Magic Leap 1 (visit magicleap.com/legal for copies).
Voided Warranty. This Warranty will be void and your Product will be ineligible for authorized repair (even for a fee) if you (a) circumvent any of our security mechanisms,;(b) resell your Product (other than through an authorized reseller program); (c) remove the serial number or any legal notices from the Product; (d) use the Product in violation of any laws or your agreements with us; and/or (e) violate the “How to Start a Warranty Claim” instructions above in this Warranty or any instructions provided by our Customer Care team.
Disclaimer and Limited Liability.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WARRANTY POLICY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MAGIC LEAP PROVIDES FOR THE PRODUCTS, AND THAT SUBMITTING A WARRANTY CLAIM IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR CLAIMS RELATED TO THE PRODUCTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MAGIC LEAP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW MAGIC LEAP AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THEIR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY, THE “MAGIC LEAP PARTIES”) ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY : (a) UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA), OR (b) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS OR THIS WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS OF DATA OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION STORED IN THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER OR NOT MAGIC LEAP HAS BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAGIC LEAP PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS OR THIS WARRANTY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID MAGIC LEAP, OUR AFFILIATES OR OUR AUTHORIZED RETAILERS FOR THE PRODUCTS.
If the jurisdiction where you purchased an Item gives you any implied warranty, then to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the duration of such implied warranty is limited to the Warranty Period. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Any customer support we elect to provide is provided “as-is” and without warranty of any kind.
Your Rights. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights based on your jurisdiction. This Warranty does not affect the rights you’re provided by your jurisdiction concerning the sale of consumer goods.
No Modification. No employees or representatives of Magic Leap (or its affiliates or any third party) are authorized to modify this Warranty. If any term of this Warranty is held to be unenforceable, the remaining terms of this Warranty will remain in full force and effect.
Repairs Outside of Warranty. If you purchased a new Product from us or from one of our authorized retailers or resellers and your Product is not covered by this Warranty, please contact our Customer Care team. While we cannot accept a return or exchange, we may be able to send you a quote for repairing your Product. Most importantly, we want to know what happened and make sure you are happy with your experience. To that end, we reserve the right to keep your Product if you elect not to pay for a repair and we determine (in our discretion) the Product is a safety hazard or cannot be used as intended without repair.
No Insurance. This Warranty is not insurance and does not cover any perils (e.g., fire, theft or loss). At this time, we do not offer insurance. If you purchase a separate insurance policy for your Product from a third-party insurer, please coordinate reimbursement directly with the third party providing you insurance.
Get the latest news and updates
Sign up to receive offers, promotions and other marketing emails from Magic Leap. You can opt out of them at any time.