Yours for the Making
Apply by December 15th
Introducing the Magic Leap Independent Creator Program, a development fund to help creators bring their vision to life. We’re offering grants between $20,000 and $500,000 per project along with developer and marketing support, and the hardware you‘ll need to launch your next great idea. You own your IP and publishing is not exclusive to Magic Leap.
Ever dreamt of having access to a MoCap/VolCap studio? How about having your idea featured in retail stores? Funding from Magic Leap opens up the possibility for grant recipients to access our full range of partners and resources.
Just because you’re a pioneer, doesn’t mean you should go it alone. With 1:1 guidance from our Developer Relations team, support from Magic Leap's subject matter experts, and even QA testing, if you receive a grant, we’ll work with you through launch.
If you want to make your idea real, you’ll need the right tools. Grant recipients will be provided with the Magic Leap One devices they need to bring their creations to life.
Publishing in Magic Leap World is just the beginning. You’ll receive dedicated marketing support, including planning, promotion and social media amplification. We'll even ask our partners (we've got some good ones) to help spread the word.
Tell us all about your next big idea by December 15th, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed and funding will be offered on a rolling basis through February 15, 2019.
If you receive a grant, you will be paired with our Developer Relations team to guide you on your journey.
Build, Submit, and Launch. The best experiences will be showcased at L.E.A.P. Conference in 2019.
Join our Community of Creators
Developing on Magic Leap One has re-energized me as a developer. Mixed reality is so different from anything I have ever developed for; I’m able to think about solving problems in a completely new way.
Creative Director, Insomniac Games
Games are only limited by your imagination! Creating with new platforms makes it even easier to expand your mind and see whole new ways to play!
Co-Founder and CEO, Funomena
It’s not just the device, but the larger evolution in (spatial) computing that excites us! When your space is a part of the computing environment, it opens a whole new world of possibilities, and can lead to incredibly intuitive and natural customer experiences!
Director of Next, Wayfair
Get your idea funded! Apply by December 15th.
- Application Process
- You have until December 15th, 2018 to apply for this round of funding, after which grant recipients will be announced on a rolling basis. All grants will be awarded by February 15th, 2019 at the latest.
- Selection Criteria
- Our goal is to create a diverse ecosystem of experiences. Applications are evaluated on: originality, use case, your team’s technical capability and diversity, project scope and feasibility, and to what extent your concept encourages user engagement.
- Not ready to apply?
- No worries. Additional application windows will be coming in 2019. Join our email list below to keeping in touch so we can keep you posted!
- Who Can Apply?
- Diversity is in our DNA. All creators welcome and all ideas reviewed.
- Project Requirements
- Grant recipients will be expected to launch an experience in Magic Leap World, per the terms of the grant.
- IP Ownership
- We want you to bring your best ideas to Magic Leap, but we don’t want to own them. Anything you create belongs to you. You’ll be expected to publish on Magic Leap World, but participation in our program does not exclude you from supporting other platforms. Go forth, and share what you make however you wish.