Analytics & Optimization
Please note that, even if you do not elect to share analytics data with Magic Leap, Magic Leap still collects certain related data via the services we provide for our devices. Details regarding this related data can be found below.
Analytics Data and Crash Reports (Subject to Your Settings)
Device Usage Data: Device usage analytics data, including information about how you use your device, such as volume levels, buttons pressed on the device, and whether you are using accessories with your device.
Device and Software Performance Data: Other performance data regarding your device and platform software (beyond the thermal and battery performance information we always collect, as described below) including data regarding the performance of algorithms and our operating system, such as the performance of our head pose algorithms, data regarding whether your device is properly calibrated, data regarding performance of other aspects of the system, such as your Control, and power management performance. If you enable Speech Commands, this may also include the resulting text strings and event success or failure data from your use of Speech Commands.
Eye Tracking Data: Eye tracking data may include eye measurements and information about where your eyes are looking, such as:
- Pupil measurements and pupil positions
- Cornea measurements and cornea positions
- Glint measurements
- Gaze, target, and vergence measurements
Eye tracking data will not contain any images of your eyes or measurements of your eyes that we know could uniquely identify you.
Crash Reports: Crash reports that Magic Leap receives include information about your device and what it was doing at the time of the crash, which may include the content you were viewing immediately prior to the crash. Crash reports also include log files and other information regarding the performance of the app and operating system when the crash occurred.
Related Data (Always Collected)
Please note that, even if you do not elect to share analytics data and crash reports with Magic Leap, Magic Leap still collects certain related data via the services we provide for Magic Leap devices, including:
- Information about the Wi-Fi router you connect to your device, which includes MAC address, signal strength and similar connection data
- Information about the settings on your device, including a list of paired Bluetooth devices, volume preferences, and which apps have received permission to access device data or functionality, such as the device microphones or picture camera
- Log files when your device connects to our Services, including both those we provide as part of our system and via the apps we publish. This information includes access times, Services used, hardware and software versions, device identifiers, and IP address
- Information about the apps you download and install from Magic Leap World, as well as the apps you start, stop, pause and resume
- Certain thermal and battery performance information from all devices connected to our platform
- Information about use and performance of apps that Magic Leap publishes for Magic Leap devices, including which features or screens you access, time spent in an app or a specific screen, and other usage information.